July 23, 2013

What Time is it Anyways?”

For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place and you and your father's house will perish. And who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this?" Esther 4:14 (NASB)

·        “Well, it’s about time!”

·        Chicago sang, “Does anybody really know what time it is?

·        It’s high time!”

·        I am having the time of my life!

·        “And there is a time for every event under heaven” Eccl. 3:1b

·        At retirement: “What are you going to do with all that time?”

·        “There’s not enough time.”

·        “Where has the time gone?”

Sound familiar? Is there an echo in here? Time, time, time, turns, turns, turns, burns, burns, burns, laid to waste. How is that for an uplifting and encouraging thought! Here is one more; too much time has gone by for me.

Here’s a question for you; when time has gotten the best of you, what do you do? Do you let more time pass by as you contemplate what time would be a good time to resume? Then as time passes by, you find yourself in a maddening circle of timelessness?

Last year, I took time off from writing. I quit my job. I volunteered less. I stopped working with Stonecroft. Why? It was time.

“Time for what?” you ask. “A change?” Some rest?” “To regroup?”

My answer stands a firm and resounding - yes! No! All the above and none of the above! UGH!

I finally concluded it was time to join the service. Therefore, God decided to make me a mini-marine. It was time to tear me down and build me back up. It’s somewhat funny, the Father doing all of this on DL. There was no visible gnashing of teeth or tearing out the hair. But if you were a fly on the wall of my soul – that would be a different perspective altogether! It was time to schedule my life around my mother’s needs rather than scheduling her needs second to mine. It was time to spend quality with my hubby, which involved more travel in one year than I thought possible. There is more, but there isn’t enough time to tell you.

Why start back today? I dunno! I guess it was just time. Sometimes to get back into an active timeline in life, you just gotta start, now! (Excuse the poor grammar!) Has God completed His work in me? No, not by a longshot. Should I have stepped back into the ring before now? Probably. Are there more things coming to vie for my time? Most definitely! Why go through what I did and quit all those things? To be honest, some days it’s crystal clear and some days – I remain clueless. But I had no doubt that was what God needed me to do, so He’d have time to do what He needed to do in me. Unfortunately, I regret to report I am a slow learner!

Maybe today is my time in taking the first step to adding things back on my plate. This “time” with renewed spirit, vigor, and commitment! God placed Esther in a certain place, at a certain time for “such a time as this.” So why not me? Why not you?

What time is it for you? Is it time to take up something or put it down? Is it time to stop being still and move forward? Is it time to forgive and move on?  Is it time to start listening to the Lord and quit making excuses? Just thought it was time to ask.

Blessings,
Barbara

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are back. I've taken quite a bit of time off as well. Lord willing, I hope to be back writing more than I have been.

    Blessings to you sweet Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, dear heart! I've missed your posts greatly.

    Shalom and blessings to you and yours,

    Gail

    ReplyDelete