June 06, 2011

What Does it Take to be a Success?

“How can a young man keep his way pure?” Psalm 119:9a (NASB)

Before I get showered with complaints thinking I am only addressing young men, I want to make a statement. I am talking about old men too. But I am also thinking about young women and old women as well. I also believe the writer of this Psalm would agree.

It’s a good question and one worthy of an answer, especially in light of the culture we live in, raise kids in and grand-kids in today. So I will leave you this week to mull over that question and see what God lays on your heart.

Okay – I am not in a very catchy or clever mindset this morning. However, I believe you can help me this week. A few months ago, I was asked to speak at a Bible Study/Ladies Event at our church scheduled for next month. Of course, I agreed immediately – as I ask God for these opportunities often.

I was given a subject area to speak on and usually after I receive that information, God quickly begins to impart bits and pieces of Scripture, as well as thoughts and points to use. However, this time, not so much, at least in the beginning.

After some meditation and prayer, a pattern emerged and after some discussion with our Women’s Director, the evening’s message will be:

After Hope...What's Next?
How to be Successful in Your Faith

Now here is where my request to you comes in. In the last few days, I have been getting more specific thoughts from the Father and through His Word. But I am curious as to how the average person would answer the question. Now this isn’t really fair – since all of you are above average people in my book, but I want to know what you think. Off the top of your head, just a few lines: What do YOU think it takes to be a successful Christian? (Let’s say knowing Christ is a given – so what’s next?) I’ll use no names and there is no right/wrong per say. I am just taking a survey.

You can email me at barbaragobbs@gmail.com (or any other legit email you have for me) or leave a comment on the blog. If you are in the area on June 17th from 7-9pm, I invite you to come to our event at Kernan Blvd Baptist Church on Kernan Blvd in Jacksonville, FL. If you are unable to make the event, keep watch for my blog on June 20 when I will reveal all! Well, at least some, since I don’t know it all. But don’t tell my hubby that!

Until next week, “give thanks to the Lord for He is good…” (Psalm 118:29)
Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment