March 28, 2011

Peace Has A Job

“And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus”. Philippians 4:7 (NASB)

Have you ever had one of those days where every little thing sends you nuclear? I regret to say that I have. In fact, sometimes the smaller things bother me more than the bigger ones. When this happens, boy do I need to seek the face of God! I need His peace.

The wonderful thing is that He encourages me to come to Him every single time – no matter how repetitious the apology. The Father would rather me face Him every time than to walk away in self-loathing. I just love that about my Abba Daddy! I am glad He believes in me more than I believe in myself.

Then I have days where I am basking in His presence so personally and wonderfully, that it seems nothing could knock over my applecart. I bet you’ve felt like that too! Haven’t you? I was asked to read Philippians 4:4 in my private reading time. It says, “Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!” Excellent verses and words for the day, but then I read even further. You can never go wrong reading more in the Scripture!

I have read Philippians 4:7 numerous times but today I discovered something “new.” This verse speaks about the peace of God. It’s the kind of peace that no one can explain. It’s the kind of peace that comes from someplace (actually some One) far greater than us. It explains why nothing bothers me when I am walking directly in His personal presence. It’s because peace has a job.

According to this verse, His peace will “guard your hearts and your minds” in Christ. I can’t think of anyone better qualified to guard my heart and my mind than my Savior! When I allow His peace to flood my soul and I give Him access to guard my mind and my heart – which controls my thoughts and my actions – nothing the world or Satan or even traffic can throw at me will put a dent in my day. On the days when everything seems to go wrong, if I seek His face, His peace will flow regardless of my circumstances.

Every day brings us closer to His return. I know that the world is going further down the path of madness every day. The only way I can survive as a believer is to put my trust and faith into Almighty God and Christ who saved me, saves me and will continue to save me. Then I can truly rejoice always in the Lord because His peace is guarding me. I rejoice in praise and thanksgiving when I let peace to do its job.

Another thought just occurred to me while writing this: no ones really guards worthless stuff. So what does that say about God’s feeling toward us? Bless His Holy name!!

His peace be with you!
Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment